On August 15, 2019, the CPABC Student Recruitment team co-hosted an event with the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade Leaders of Tomorrow Program at the YVR airport. From 7:30am to 9:30am, over 40 students had the opportunity to meet YVR Senior Executives and CPAs as well as an office tour of their operations center.
The panelists were:
- Nahla Charaf, CPA, CA, Director, Internal Audit
- Michael Chubb, CPA, CA, Director, Commercial Development
- Linda Schucroft, CPA, CA, Director, Innovative Travel Solutions
- Diana Vuong, CPA, CA, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Moderator: Alex Lau, CPA, CA Partner, Grant Thornton
Discussions centered around becoming a CPA; interesting stakeholders; the responsibility of accounting/finance teams; and what strategies YVR is engaging in to satisfy competing opinions and disruptors. Key takeaways from the panelists include CPAs having diverse opportunities; CPAs not just learning about accounting but the language of business on a whole and how CPAs are game changers in new technology and sustainability (such as areas of autonomous vehicles, air taxis, e-commerce).
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Please visit CPABC’s Flickr page to view a gallery of photos from this event.
Click here for more information about upcoming events.